The Rescue mode is used for model recovery from a situations where the pilot is unable to control it with a confidence. The Rescue, so called Bailout, is activated by the pilot remotely with a preferred switch on the transmitter. During normal flight it should be inactive.
Whenever it is needed, the pilot can hold a switch or a button which will engage the recovery. As long as the switch is in active position, the Rescue will be engaged too. Immediately after returning a switch/button to inactive position, the pilot will get full control of the model again.
We highly recommend to use a momentary switch, which will return to the original position on its own. Thus it is easy to activate and deactivate the rescue just for a very short period of time.
Upon activation of the Rescue (Normal) the model will perform the following:
- The unit will take over Throttle control as long as the mode is active and will set it to the value configured by Rescue throttle parameter (if the value is higher than 0% and motor is not turned off by the pilot).
- Model will move as fast as possible to recover the Horizontal position (depending on configured limits).
- The model will always pitch and roll to the point when landing gears are at the bottom.
- Elevator and aileron will be set automatically to allow ascending (depending on the Rescue inclination parameter).
- The model will ascend as long as the mode is active with landing gears at the bottom.